Information on the processing of personal data as at 20.06.2022
Thank you for visiting our website – Brother Myze platform – and for your interest in our company. For us, the protection of your data is of paramount importance. With the following information on data protection, we would like to inform you about the purposes for which and the extent to which we process your personal data when you use our website and how we protect your privacy when you provide us with your data.
1 General information
- (1) In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g., name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
- (2) Controller according to Art. 4 para. 7 GDPR is:Brother Internationale Industriemaschinen GmbH
Düsseldorfer Str. 7 – 9
46446 Emmerich am Rhein
Telephone: +49 2822 609-0
If you have any questions about data protection, you can also contact us at the following e-mail address:
- (3) Name and address of the data protection officerThe data protection officer of the controller is:
Dipl.-Ing. Jörg Hagen
2 Your rights and withdrawal
a) Your rights
- (1) You have the right to obtain information from the operator of the website about the personal data relating to you (Art. 15 GDPR) that is processed by us. Furthermore, you have a right to demand the rectification (Art. 16 GDPR), erasure (Art. 17 GDPR) or restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR) and a right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR).
- (2) You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you. In order to safeguard the rights and freedoms as well as the legitimate interests of the data subject, the data subject shall therefore have at least the right to express his or her point of view and contest the decision.
- (3) There is still a right of appeal to the respective supervisory authority on data protection at any time. To do so, please contact the State Commissioner for Data Protection Address of the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia.
b) Right to withdraw to your consent or object to data processing
- (1) If you have given your consent for the processing of your data (Art. 6 Para. 1 Lit. (a) GDPR or Art. 9 Para. 2 Lit. (a) GDPR), you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. the legitimacy of the data processing carried out up to the time of the withdrawal remains unaffected by the withdrawal.
- (2) RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE COLLECTION OF DATA IN SPECIAL CASES AND TO DIRECT marketing (ART. 21 GDPR)IF THE DATA PROCESSING IS BASED ON ART. 6 PARA. 1 LIT. (E) OR (F) GDPR, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AT ANY TIME ON GROUNDS RELATING TO YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO PROFILING BASED ON THESE PROVISIONS. THE RESPECTIVE LEGAL BASES ON WHICH PROCESSING IS BASED CAN BE FOUND IN THIS DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION. IF YOU OBJECT, WE WILL NO LONGER PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA UNLESS WE CAN DEMONSTRATE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS FOR THE PROCESSING WHICH OVERRIDE YOUR INTERESTS, RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR THE PROCESSING IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF ASSERTING, EXERCISING OR DEFENDING LEGAL CLAIMS (OBJECTION UNDER ARTICLE 21 PARA. 1 GDPR). IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA ARE PROCESSED FOR THE PURPOSE OF DIRECT MARKETING, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH MARKETING; THIS ALSO APPLIES TO PROFILING INSOFAR AS IT IS RELATED TO SUCH MARKETING. if you object, your personal data will no longer be used for the purpose of direct marketing (objection under article 21 PARA. 2 GDPR).
- (3) For concerns of this nature, please refer to the company contact details above.
3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
- (1) In the case of informational use of the website, i.e., if you do not log in or register to use the website or otherwise provide us with further information, we only process personal data that your browser automatically transmits to our server. This is the following technically necessary data in order to display our web offer to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. (f) GDPR):
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Web site from which the request came
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
- (2) Personal data processed is used for the online and offline provision and personalisation of our services. For example, we may use your data to perform product warranty services. It may also be used to process your requests and in connection with quality assurance and/or training of our staff. If you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, your enquiry including all personal data resulting from it (name, request) will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing your request. We will only pass on this data to third parties without your consent if this is necessary to fulfil your request. The processing of this data is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. (b) GDPR if your request is related to the performance of a contract or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective handling of the requests addressed to us on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 (f) of the GDPR or on your consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 (a) of the GDPR if this has been requested. The data you send to us via contact requests will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to store it or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies (e.g., after your request has been processed). Mandatory statutory provisions – in particular statutory retention periods – remain unaffected.
- (3) If we use commissioned service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for marketing purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
- (4) The Brother Group operates worldwide. Therefore, it may be necessary for us to share your data with other Brother Group companies or third parties who assist us in providing our services to you. This may involve transferring your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In this case, we will ensure that the data is processed in accordance with the relevant data protection laws and this DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION.
- (1) Our website uses so-called „cookies“. Cookies are small text files for storing information about your use of the website. They are stored either temporarily for the duration of a session (session cookies) or permanently (permanent cookies) on your terminal device. Session cookies are automatically deleted at the end of your visit. Permanent cookies remain stored on your terminal device until you delete them yourself or until they are automatically deleted by your web browser. Cookies have various functions. Many cookies are technically necessary, as certain functions of our website would not work without them (e.g., the shopping basket function). Other cookies are used to evaluate user behaviour or to display advertising. Cookies that are necessary to carry out the electronic communication process (necessary cookies) or to provide certain functions that you have requested (functional cookies) or to optimise the web offer (e.g., cookies to measure the web audience) are stored on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. (f) GDPR, unless another legal basis is specified. The operator of the web offer has a legitimate interest in strategic analysis and the assessment of market trends as well as in connection with production and repeat orders. In particular, we use this information to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that tell us how the website is used and how we can improve the design of the website. However, we cannot identify you personally in this way.
- (2) In some cases, however, cookies from third-party companies (third-party cookies) or technically unnecessary cookies may be stored on your terminal device. These enable us or you to use certain services of the third-party company (e.g., cookies for processing payment services) but also non-mandatory functions. The storage of the cookies in question is based exclusively on consent (Section 25 para. 1 German Telecommunications-Telemedia Data Protection Act (German abbreviation: TTDSG) with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. (a) GDPR); consent can be revoked at any time.
- (3) At present, we only use technically necessary cookies on our website, as described under 4 (1), for which no consent is required.
- (4) You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. If you deactivate cookies, the functionality of this website may be limited. If cookies are used by third-party companies or for analysis purposes, we will inform you about this separately within the framework of this data protection declaration and, if necessary, request your consent.
- (6) Irrespective of this, you can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org. The web offer www.allaboutcookies.org can provide you with detailed instructions on how to set and delete cookies, depending on the browser type. At the bottom of this page, where we can name them, we have shown references to cookie settings in various browsers.
5 Further functions and offers of our website
- (1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you usually have to provide further personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
- (2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored.
- (3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer promotions, competitions, contracts, or similar services together with partners. You will receive more detailed information on this when you provide your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
- (4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this in the description of the offer.
Use of the Brother Myze platform
- (1) If you wish to use our portal, you must request an account from Brother in Emmerich (see above). After verification, this will then be created. For this purpose, the billing address as well as the e-mail address and a self-selected password are required. We use the so-called double-opt-in procedure for registration, i.e., your registration is only completed if you have previously confirmed your registration via a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose by clicking on the link contained therein. If your confirmation is not received within 72 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted from our database. The provision of the aforementioned data is mandatory, all other information can be provided voluntarily by using our portal.
- (2) If you use our portal, we store your data required for the fulfilment of the contract until you finally delete your access. Furthermore, we store the voluntary data provided by you for the time of your use of the portal, unless you delete it beforehand. You can manage and change all data in the protected customer area. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. (f) GDPR.
- (3) We process data of portal user customers on the basis of order processing according to Art. 28 GDPR.
- (1) We use the web analysis service Matomo for user analysis of our website. No cookies are set for this purpose. The processing of the data is our own responsibility. Third parties do not have access to this data. If you do not agree to the storage and analysis of this data from your visit, you can object to its storage and use at any time by clicking on the following link. In this case, a socalled opt-out cookie will be placed in your browser, which means that Matomo will not collect any session data. Please note that if you delete your cookies completely, the opt-out cookie will also be deleted, and you may have to reactivate it.https://myzebrotherdigital.matomo.cloud/index.php?module=CoreAdminHome&action=optOut&lan guage=en
- (2) The legal basis for this use is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests here are statistical analyses of user behaviour and thus the possibility for adjustments for optimisation and marketing purposes as well as for security.
- If your browser has informed us that you do not wish to be tracked, tracking is deactivated. This is a browser setting. To reactivate tracking, you must deactivate the so-called „Do Not Track“ setting in your browser settings.
6 External links
For your best information, you will find links on our site that refer to third-party sites. These links will take you to websites that we consider to be helpful.
As a rule, no further personal data is processed by us when you leave our website.
Insofar as this is not obviously recognisable, we point out that this is an external link. We have no influence on the content and design of websites of other providers and therefore refer to their data protection declarations. The guarantees of this data protection declaration therefore naturally do not apply to web offers of third parties.